Thursday, July 8, 2010

Barcelona, Day 2


June 25, 2010

This morning I went to the Picasso Museum with Dr. Darlene Campbell and her students. We were led through some of Picasso's greatest works. There was a lot from his "Blue Period". I could have been in there for hours, but unfortunately our tour was about an hour. I'll definitely need to go back some day.

After the Picasso Museum, we went to the Barcelona Cathedral. Even though I went to the cathedral last night, it was very nice to go through with a tour guide. We were able to see the special section where the suit-of-armors of all the families that helped build the cathedral. We also saw some ducks. They looked quite happy to be in such a beautiful place.

Following a nice siesta, a few friends and I looked to catch a Flamenco performance. Flamenco is such a passionate dance. The performance consisted of a Spanish guitarist, vocalists and several dancers. Interesting fact, Hugh Hefner and Harrison Ford has attended this Flamenco performance in the past. I wish you all had an opportunity to see it. Each of the soloists were so amazing. I have no words to express how beautiful it was. For 30 Euros we got a 3-hour shoe and a beverage of choice. I tried some sangria...but if you know me, you know that I took a few sips before I couldn't take anymore. What a waste, but it's all, about the cultural experience, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment